Families throughout Monona and the greater Madison area rely on the food provided by the St. Stephen’s Food Pantry. The pantry provides a four-day supply of food to about two dozen households each Monday to Thursday. Clients may visit the pantry once every two weeks. St. Stephen’s offers a ‘choice’ pantry, which means that clients do their own shopping, selecting only the items they will use. Choice honors our clients’ dignity and eliminates the waste of unused items.
How to Receive Help
All client requests are received on a Food Pantry private line. Clients may call (608) 441-1123 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on the day they wish to shop at the Pantry. Clients may come to the Pantry every 14 days. The hours to shop are 11:00 to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday each week.
Click here to email the food pantry.
How to Help
Remember the Food Pantry families when you shop for your own family. Donations of food, personal items, paper products, baby food, and diapers are gratefully received. Monetary donations are also needed to supplement donated items. Volunteers are vital to keeping the Pantry operating. Consider donating some of your time to shop, stock shelves, prepare perishable food items for distribution or assist clients with the pantry shopping. To be a part of this ministry call the church office at (608) 222-1241.
There are many simple ways to help the St. Stephen’s Food Pantry.
- Click here to donate online using our secure banking service.
- Volunteers are needed to pick up day-old bakery items from area stores. It is a one-hour commitment. Contact Dick Benzine at (608) 222-1241 ext. 14 to learn more.
- Volunteers are needed to pick up produce donated at the Monona Farmers Market on Sundays. It is an approximately one-hour time commitment. Contact Dick Benzine at (608) 222-1241 ext. 14 to learn more.
- Donations of food and clothing can be brought in during church office hours, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. To bring donations another time, contact the office at (608) 222-1241.
- The Pantry is in need of plastic grocery bags and clean, clear-colored soda or water bottles (used to package detergent.) Please drop them off at the church office.
The St. Stephen’s Food Pantry thanks each of you for your generous contributions to our 2017 Mountain of Food Drive. We had donations that will allow us to purchase 1,038 cases of food. Also, we wish to express our thanks to the 60 volunteers who work so hard to make this ministry possible.